Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beadazzled in Dupont




Last week I had about an hour to kill before meeting up with friends for a drink in Dupont Circle. I am more familiar with Dupont than any other area of DC, but I rarely take the time to pop into the local shops. So, since I had some free time, I went into Beadazzled...which is tucked somewhere in between Kramer's Book Store and Starbucks on the North side of the circle. I was delighted by what I found....colorful beads of all shapes and sizes filled the entire store. I felt like I was in a pretend candy shop where nothing is edible but everything looks so delicious! Being the chatty person I am, I sparked up a conversation with the young, fashion savvy gentleman at the front of the store. He was super friendly (something I value above all else when shopping in boutiques) and took time to answer all of my questions.

Why go to Beadazzled?
This is the perfect place to go if you are feeling creative and want inexpensive jewelry. Some of the beads are on the more expensive side but most are super cheap. They range anywhere between $0.40 and $6.00 (which can add up when you're making a necklace full of beads). Most of the higher priced beads are designed to be the focal point of the necklace, bracelet or whatever else people create with beads. They also have pre-packaged kits for those of us who would rather not individually choose every bead for our project.

Classes
I know absolutely nothing about creating jewelry, but the man at the counter told me that they have classes twice a month for beginners. Fantastic! The next one is in late-March...it is early on a Sunday morning...but bet your beads i'll be there!

1 comment: